Thursday, August 26, 2010

Green Smoothie Madness

Green Smoothie (Before)




                                                              Green Smoothie (After)

Spinach, pineapple, banana, a little soy-protein powder, a b-12 energy shot and water to blend and Voila!!

I began making these at home about 4 months ago (but I had some blender trouble and have now been able to start making them again)  I got the inspiration here.  I really need to email her and let her know that some complete stranger loves her smoothies and is broadcasting it shouldn't I?? 

The best part about these is that they are fresh and green, therefore perfect for breakfast!  As much as I try to eat as many raw fruits and veggies as I can every day, fitting in the green ones can be difficult since I'm not all that in to salads. So having one of these first thing in the morning is a great start to my day.  You can't even taste the spinach, all you taste is the sweet citrusy goodness.  But I love the sci-fi coloring.  Sometimes I take them to work and watch the 'grown men' I work with squirm when I drink it.  Sissies =)

I love experimenting with my diet. It's been one of my projects for almost the last year. I've also been reading a lot on diet & nutrition. I'll talk about that later.

~~D~~

No comments:

Post a Comment