Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Good Eats

I've been taking pictures of a lot of my meals.  I also usually send the dinner pics to my trainer.
I find this hysterical now, since it turns out my fellow warrior Wendy has also been photographing and even Tweeting her meals!  Great minds think alike I suppose.

Here's a quick glance at what's been on my plate a lot recently;
Breakfast; One egg w/ 2 whites, one slice of cheese, spinach & salsa (this salsa was home-made leftover from when I made crock-pot enchiladas), 1/2 of a turkey sausage patty and some kind of fruit.  I will say, most days I add a slice of whole wheat toast (with spray butter) and have been eliminating the sausage. 
 

Dinner used to be my failure.  But, since my hubby has been trying to get healthy with me it's been easier for me to cook healthier or introduce a new food / recipe without a lot of marital fallout!  This was baked flounder (olive oil, garlic salt, pepper and parsley) with some awesome and amazing spaghetti squash 'pasta' & veggie bake. So. Good.
Both of these foods were a stretch for my husband but he seemed pretty pleased.  He even took some leftover spaghetti squasj with him for lunch the next day.
 

Grilled Salmon and grilled pineapple, garlicky kale, green beans, corn and red quinoa.  Dinner success.  Best salmon ever!
 

And leftover salmon makes a great wrap for lunch the next day!  Add a little guac and goat cheese and I was in heaven.  This meal kept me full through most of my trip to my mom's that day.
 


Who says eating out can't be healthy? Macaroni Grill has a great Lite Menu.  This was the Sea Bass, with a glass of Moscato. Total was 720 calories (including the wine)


Red Lobster has a great light Lunch Menu too, just stay away from the bread.  The meal alone was only 600 calories.  Yes, definitely stay away from those cheddar biscuits.  That was my downfall here.
 
Overall result from taking pics of my food;  
1.  I need to take better pictures.  Nothing on here looks as yummy as what I see elsewhere online.
2.  This still does not keep me from eating or snacking in between meals.  Don't get me wrong, it's helped keep me in check with the meal itself (and I don't do second helpings) but it hasn't stopped me from eating dessert later, or snagging one or two of those dang cheddar biscuits.
3.  I do kind of like bragging to my trainer about how good my cooking has gotten.  But that kind of misses the point.
 
Will I continue photographing my food?  Probably not now since I feel that the lesson for me has run it's course.  I'll just stick to pictures for new recipes.
 
~D~
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment