Saturday, March 9, 2013

March Goals

I'm so excited! I weigh myself every Friday before my workout, and take my measurements every Thursday afternoon (when I'll probably be at my 'puffiest').  Not only have I lost10 pounds since the end of January but I've lost 2 1/2 inches (overall in various places) in just 2 weeks!

I feel like the 'warm-up' is over.
This means I've lost the weight I gained since August.  Now I can really get to work on the rest!

Short-term goals are good! I've been going over what I want my March goals to be.  Here's what I've got so far;

1.  Break my Baked Chips addiction.  They're just empty calories and I'm not getting any real nutrition out of them.  It's been almost a week since I've had any with my lunch or as a snack.

2.  Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day, minimum.  One of my favorite books on health says that a person should drink one ounce of water for every two pounds of body weight.  So the typical '6-8' glasses really isnt enough.  8-10 probably isnt enough for me yet either.  It's a starting point.

3.  Be one dress size smaller by 3/31.  I'm pretty close now, and this should keep me in line with my next "Check Point" weight of 199 by 4/27. 

4.  Curb my mindless eating.  I track all my food with an app on my phone  so I can see when I'm eating outside of mealtimes.

5.  Get more sleep! I am terrible about going to bed early or even on time and it's been definitley affecting my moods.

Let's make some progress.
~D~


No comments:

Post a Comment