Saturday, February 16, 2013

Journal Entry

I began a journal (which is where the last post came from as well) to document my latest (and hopefully last) weight loss journey.  I should be updating both it and this in real-time from now on.  So here's my last 'catch-up' entry;
. 
1/27/2013 – 2/13/2013
At the end of January I was 222 (again).  Down, up, down, up.  Same-old same-old. 

I was really getting tired of this.
 We are finally moved in to our rental home and I can finally get myself settled and re adjusted to having our family back together.  This needs to be my year!  Even though I've lost all the baby weight, I still need to lose another 87 pounds to reach my goal weight of 135. 

I go to our gym, which is awesome. I meet my trainer for the first time. 

 I don’t believe in coincidenses.  My trainer tells me her story and I can’t help but laugh because it proves to me that God brings people in to our life for a reason.  She was also 32 when she decided to get fit.  She’s fanatical and hard core, which is exactly what I need.  And she teaches small group training, which is exactly what I need.  And she focuses a lot on healthy eating and behavior modification, which is my area of weakness, and is EXACTLY WHAT I NEED.  She said “Anyone can workout for an hour a day, but it’s what you do with the other 23 hours that matter the most.”   Awesome Sauce.

 I love to work out.  I hated sports in school but I could work out alone for hours.  I started when I was 10, with – get this – Richard Simmons Sweating to the Oldies.  When I worked out I felt in control and relaxed.  Even now, if I don’t exercise almost every day I feel terrible.  The problem was that I’d subconsciously overeat as a result.  I would love to claim ignorance  on this but the fact is that I know better.  Knowing really is only half the battle.  I had no self-control.  Had. HAD. I refuse to say I have no self-control.  That’s changing now.

Her 'Get Fit' group is awesome.  The workouts are challenging.  But they are soooooo much fun to do in a group.  I refuse to complain when they get tough.  I’m there to work, not whine.  She has a great Game Face which kinda resembles a Marine Corps Drill Instructor.  I love it, since I can get a little silly when I get excited. It keeps me in check.  But the best part is that we also talk nutrition and we talk about good versus bad decisions.  She uses Facebook too so I can see what she’s eating and how well her other clients are doing.  She truly has a passion for changing lives, and I would refuse to work with anyone less committed.

Then she got promoted. 

Next week another trainer is taking over.  I met him today, I like him.  It’s ok though, I need to remember that it’s more important to remain internally motivated.  I need to get the job done regardless of who is teaching the class.  And besides, this lady needs to be able to grow too.  We don’t grow if we don’t go. 

 I’m learning so much during this journey that I feel the need to share it along the way.  I’m hoping that this will give me a chance to remain accountable.   I know there are others like me that feel stuck.  I want to be accountable to them too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment