Saturday, February 23, 2013

On the Plate Update

I guess technically I should have called this the "In the Bowl Update" but then it wouldn't rhyme.  =P

This was probably the best salad I've had in awhile and the best use of leftovers I've had in awhile too;

- left over grilled veggies from last night's dinner (6 asparagus spears, 1/4 green pepper, 1/4 onion, 1/2 zuchinni)
- left over grilled shrimp (also from last night) and left over baked cod (from a few nights ago) - 3 oz total
- 2 cups spinach leaves, 1 1/2 cups romaine
- 2 tblsp of goat cheese crumbles
- 2 tblsp of my home-made balsamic dressing*

Including the amount of olive oil I used on the shrimp and fish, and with the dressing, I'm guessing this salad is around 380 calories. I'm definitley going to have to make this again!

* I got the recipe for the balsamic dressing here then I modified it based on my taste preference (less olive oil, more vinegar).  She has a lot of great recipes that I use, even though I usually add meat to them =)

Remember - Eat yo' greens!
~~D~~

No comments:

Post a Comment